There is no doubt that cloud based file storage has liberated the way that we work, travel and play. Gone are the duplicated files and file names; gone are the lost files. Thanks to various cloud storage services like Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive and so on, we don't even need to carry our files with us – as long as there is an internet connection, you have access to your latest and greatest presentations, documents and images.
While this convenience is revolutionary, sometimes an extra layer of security for those confidential business pitches would come in handy.
AppSense DataLocker installs on your Mac, Windows PC, iPad or iPhone. You set the destination folder for your encrypted file - generally your Dropbox folder, drag and drop your file and then enter a secure passphrase. Then, when the file is encrypted, it is saved to your Dropbox folder for automatic syncing with the cloud. On your iPhone you simply connect the app to your Dropbox and can decrypt your secure files or encrypt new files before uploading.
Recapping the benefits:
Add a level of security to your Dropbox files
- Encrypt files from your Mac, PC, iPad or iPhone before syncing with Dropbox
- Unencrypt files on the fly using the DataLocker app
Works like the Dropbox app with added security
- DataLocker takes over the file management of your Dropbox account, working with secure and insecure files
- On your iPhone or iPad you simply use Open in... from other apps to encrypt and upload
Protects content from prying eyes
- Many people share their phone with friends or family. DataLocker protects the confidential content of your files
- Should your phone be stolen or your account be compromised, your confidential files remain securely encrypted